Cocktail Kiwifruit (Actinidia arguta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocktail Kiwifruit (Actinidia arguta)

does anyone know where I can buy the seeds or plant please?

The Cocktail Kiwifruit is set to take off in New Zealand .Growing on little bunches, much like a grape, they are far softer and sugarier than the regular giant fuzzy type & without that nasty acidity. A single plant is capable of producing up to an astonishing 400 mini kiwis once established.Here the discussion how to grow this, All they need from you is a strong support to scramble over, a site in full sun and a a handful of 10-minute pruning sessions over the summer to keep their mind on fruiting.Refer on web for getting more details about this fruits.And you will also get writing tips there.Visit

Comment

Hi Jonty, i tried to grow the kiwi cocktail fruit plant but found it dificult to grow in Whanganui. I did what the garden centre said to do and had a male and female plant. I grew it climbing along my deck and it only flowered once. The fruit started growing then dropped off. Then nothing after that. I have not attempted to grow one again. You could have better luck than me. Ask your garden Centre and see if the growing conditions are right for your region
      Last edited by Liddy61; 24-08-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

It took years, but i now have two females heavy with fruit. And no, they do not grow in little bunches like grapes, they grow singly in long-ish slim stalks. I just don't know when the right time is to harvest them - and i need to know before the birds do....

Comment

Working...
        X