Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herb garden

Hello everyone!
    I am planning to create a herb garden but I am not sure if I good picked out plants that neighbour to each other. I decided that this garden's soil will contain mixed compost. I am going to grow there green and purple herbs, especially garlic, chives, basil, oregano, caraway, parsley, lavender, tarragon and lemon grass. However, I am not sure if they all will survive because of their requirements. What do you think? Is it a good idea to grow them all? Should I change anything?

Livia, you should look into the idea of building an herb spiral. The idea is that you build a raised garden bed in a spiral shape, where each location in the spiral has a unique microclimate based on the shape of the spiral. The lower locations that are situated away from the sun have a cool, moist microclimate that is good for herbs that need a lot of water, like parsley and chives. The top of the spiral is warm and gets lots of sun, which is good for plants like rosemary. This website has a really great overview and many examples: https://themicrogardener.com/4-step-...a-herb-spiral/

Many of the herbs you list seem to be able to tolerate a wide variety of conditions, although some (like garlic and basil) are annuals and would need to be planted every year.

Comment

Working...
    X