Hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

I live in Upper Hutt. I am a totally new NZ gardener. I have a large garden. I would like to know how you thin out or cut back Agapantha, the purple ones? Any experience out there. Thanks

Hi Debra, you can go really hard on them as they are hard to destroy. Some people consider them a pest for that reason... Dig out a piece, break it up, plant it back and get rid of the rest. Good luck!

Comment

Hi Debra, I recently moved in to my partners house that had agapanthus plants forming a very large and out of control border against the front of the house. After bending my garden fork digging them out was a way too hard option. I resorted to extra strength weedkiller, and had to apply it once every couple of months, 3 times. The plants go brown and kind of dissolve away. Of course if you are organically minded this is not the option for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DebraZebra View Post
        I live in Upper Hutt. I am a totally new NZ gardener. Nox Vidmate VLC I have a large garden. I would like to know how you thin out or cut back Agapantha, the purple ones? Any experience out there. Thanks
        Hi Debra, you can go really hard on them as they are hard to destroy.
        Last edited by mingzafer; 17-07-2019, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X